Kona Windsurfing warrants that for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, the product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Warranty issues should be reported to Kona Windsurfing in English and including pictures describing the nature and impact of the issue before any products should be shipped in any direction.
The warranty does not extend to problems in the product that result from: (i) any use of the product in a manner for which it was not designed for; (ii) any use of the product with other products, hardware or products not supplied by, and inconsistent with the documentation provided by, Kona Windsurfing.
This warranty does not cover any of the following claim conditions;
- Damage or defects caused by collisions, impacts with any materials or objects, abuse, misuse or accidental damage. Including use on jump ramps or sliders.
- Breakage or defects as a result of prior damages, or repairs.
- Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, out of water handling or similar.
- Damage or defects caused by heel dents.
- Damage or defects caused by non-recreational use, professional riders, rental centers, lessons.
- Damage or defects caused by inappropriate storage or handling, including storage of the board in closed, damp conditions (for example a wet board bag).
- Damage or defects caused by exposure to temperatures over 60 and under 0 degrees Celsius.
- Damage or defects caused by nature, such as earthquake, fires etc.
- Damage or defects caused by alterations or modifications.
- Damage or defects caused by usage of the board after a claim is reported.
- Damage or defects caused by flat landings.
- Damage or defects caused by the use of a larger fin than specified.
- Damage or defects caused by storage or transport of the board with a closed air-valve.
- Damage or defects caused by a failure to close the air-vent valve during use.
- Damage or defects caused by improper mounting or adjustment of Foot straps, Bindings, Fins and hydrofoils.
- Damage or defects caused by wear and tear.
- Any damage except manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship.
If you believe a product has defects related to workmanship or faulty materials please ensure to fill in the Kona Windsurfing Warranty Form and return it to Kona Windsurfing within 2 months from the date on which the defect or damage is discovered in order to obtain warranty cover on Kona Windsurfing manufactured products. You must also provide the original proof of purchase which must show the actual purchase date. If you do not provide proof of the initial purchase date at the time of the warranty claim, the manufacturing date of the product will be used to determine the warranty period.
Make sure all the details and questions in the official Kona Windsurfing Warranty Form are filled in completely and correctly to avoid delays.
Kona Windsurfing does not accept liability for special, direct, consequential or incidental damages. All express and implied warranties for Kona Windsurfing products, including but not limited to any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in time to the period set out in the Kona Windsurfing Limited Warranty Period.
No warranties whether express or implied, will apply after the Limited Warranty period has expired. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and /or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply to particular customers.
Kona Windsurfing obligations under any warranty shall be limited, to the greatest extent allowed by law, as provided in the Kona Windsurfing Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may also have other rights, which vary from one jurisdiction to another.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Kona Windsurfing be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, or indirect damages, and including but not limited to, cost of cover, loss of data, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss arising from the use of (or inability to use) the product.
In no event shall the total liability for all damages in any one or more causes of action exceed the amount paid by customer for the Kona Windsurfing product.